Growing up, brownies were my best friends. I held hands with brownies every Wednesday. We would: sing, travel, explore and learn all kinds of things together. One time, a bunch of brownies and I spent the night at Sea World.
I’m being serious, but I’m not here to tell you about being a…
Raw Brownies // Raw, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
(click image for recipe.)
Pecan Pie Babies
(raw and gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup raw pecans (For all substitutions on this recipe, see nutrition link below) (52g)
- packed 1 cup pitted dates (I use Sunmaid, found in regular grocery stores near the raisins, as they are softer and stickier than the ones found in natural food stores.) (160g)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- optional: chocolate chips (or mini chips, or a piece of your favorite chocolate bar)
Combine all ingredients in a food processor until it makes a crumbly dough. (You can add the optional chocolate chips either before or after blending.) Pour crumbles into a bag and smush into one big ball. Remove from bag and form little balls. Or you can make bars or cookie-cuttered shapes if you prefer. This can also be made in a Magic Bullet: halve the recipe for best blending in a bullet.
Pecan Pie Cookies: Nutrition Facts
WW Points (new system): 1 point
Yield depends on size you roll. Nutrition information is based on 23 balls.
I’ve only tried this recipe as written, so I really can’t tell you if a certain substitution (like using raisins for the dates) will work. However, if you want to sub a different raw nut for the pecans (such as cashews, walnuts, or almonds), that should be fine.
I’ve posted similar recipes in the past that call for different nuts. For all flavors, see the following post: Homemade Larabar Flavors.
(On the above-linked page, the Samoas Fudge Babies and the Girl-Scout Cookie Larabars are nut-free.)
Pumpkin Parfaits with Ginger Snaps! I got this from this great Vegan Thanksgiving board on Pinterest, where there are millions upon millions of tasty Thanksgiving recipes! Yay, Thanksgiving, LET’S EAT IT ALL!!!!
Also, Bay Area, don’t forget it might be your last day to order Thanksgiving stuff!
Vegan + Gluten free Pumpkin Mousse Squares; only 170 calories!
(click on picture for recipe)
- 24 mini chocolate chip cookies (make your fav vegan cookie)
- 16 oz Tofutti cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup semi sweet dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup agave syrup
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Flax Seed replacer for 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain soygurt
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 275*F. Line mini muffin tins with paper liners. Place 1 whole cookie in the bottom of each of lined cups.
- Beat all the remaining ingredients except the chips together until smooth. Stir in the chips.
- Spoon batter evenly among the cups, filling each almost to the top. With the back of a spoon, smooth out the top of each filled cup.
- Bake, rotating pans halfway through, until filling is set, 22-24 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack. Chill in the refrigerator.